The Refuge is open 24/7, 365 and operates a FREE 24-hour emergency helpline.
- 24/7 Helpline 1800 220 444
We provide emergency accommodation to women and children experiencing domestic violence and abusive relationships. We have 4 family bedrooms, showers & bathroom, communal kitchen & living room, play area and garden with swings.
Drop-in for Support and Information
Many women are not ready to leave their homes and are seeking support and information on various issues.
- These include looking for alternative accommodation.
- Developing a safety plan
- Planning what to do to rebuild their lives.
- Reclaiming their self-esteem.
- Being able to talk openly and to be believed in a safe, supportive environment.
We provide information to women seeking advice and support regarding legal information i.e.,
- Safety Orders
- Interim Barring Orders
- Barring Order
- Emergency Barring Orders
- Protection Order
- Court Accompaniment by appointment
Wexford Women’s Refuge covers the whole of County Wexford and our Outreach Service endeavours to reach out to women who are unable to come into the Refuge for whatever reason. Our support workers will advocate for clients re: housing, social welfare entitlements, accessing Meitheal support programmes, changing schools and information regarding educational training programs.